Lee Spyda from Investor Loans Network Gold Coast is a valued PMA referrer. He is committed to empowering clients through education, supporting them to reach their goals and providing exceptional service. We decided to have a chat with him and find a bit more about why he loves being a commercial finance broker.
- Tell us about your career history? I’m celebrating 10 years as a mortgage broker this year which is an important milestone for me as I really enjoy this work. I’ve also worked in sales and prior to moving to Australia in 2000 I undertook an apprenticeship in Pattern Making with Rolls Royce Industrial Power Group which was incredibly interesting.
- What do you find interesting about commercial finance? The most interesting thing about commercial finance is that every deal is different, there’s never a one-size fits all. For me, it’s really straight-forward. It’s about applying common sense and assessing each deal on the individual merits and circumstances and getting the best result for your client.
- What’s the most interesting commercial finance deal you’ve worked on? I’m currently involved in a property development consisting of over 140 townhouses which is really interesting. Over-purchasing blocks of units or other property with no deposit is a favourite scenario – solving the problems and making it work.
- What’s one piece of advice you always give to commercial clients? I always tell my clients that it’s not just about the interest rate, it’s the cost of the money in the long-run. We look at all the costs and make sure that the deal has the best chance of making a profit. In the end a percentage of something is better than a percentage of nothing!
- What are the benefits of working with a non-bank lender like PMA? Non-bank lenders like PMA have extremely quick approval times, a straight-forward loan process and, best of all, common sense is applied to each deal.
- What do you like about working with PMA? I’ve always enjoyed working with PMA because they have a great team, a simple approach and they look at things for what they are when making decisions.
Lee Spyda is the Director & Finance Strategist at Investor Loans Network Gold Coast where he helps his clients to build their passive income property portfolio through asset protected structures to secure their financial future.
Lee has a Diploma in Finance and Mortgage Broker Management.
To get in touch with Lee contact [email protected]