Collection of your personal and credit information
There are many aspects of the site which can be viewed without providing personal information, however, for access to some Private Mortgages Australia customer features you are required to submit personally identifiable information.
The Privacy Act 1988 (‘Act’) regulates the obtaining, use and disclosure of certain personal and credit information about you. Please read the following consent carefully and obtain appropriate professional advice if it contains anything you do not clearly understand.
Consent in this document:
- ‘commercial credit arrangement’ means any arrangement concerning commercial credit in connection with your application;
- ‘application’ means, as applicable, your application to the lender as a borrower under a commercial credit arrangement or your application to the lender to guarantee a proposed borrower under a commercial credit arrangement;
- ‘commercial credit’ means credit provided or to be provided by the lender to be applied wholly or predominantly for business purposes or investment purposes other than investment in residential property.
- ‘credit report’ has the same meaning as it does in the act;
- ‘you’, and ‘your’ means the user of this site
- ‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ means the owner of this site
- ‘permitted information’ means any personal information, credit information or credit report about me that is permitted to be obtained, used or disclosed in accordance with and to the extent permitted by section 18 of the Act;
- ‘The lender’ means, as applicable, Private Mortgages Australia Pty Ltd A.T.F. The PMA Trust (‘PMA’) and or its ultimate lender, its duly appointed lawyers, and any related corporation.
In using this website you agree:
That in connection with:
- your application;
- the making of a commercial credit arrangement;
- the on-going management and administration of a commercial credit arrangement;
- the collection of any amounts payable to the lender under a commercial credit arrangement that are overdue for payment; and
- the collection or recovery of any debts or other amounts payable to the lender under a commercial credit arrangement;
The Lender may do any of the following:
- obtain and use permitted information from a credit reporting agency;
- obtain and use permitted information from another credit provider or any lawful source of such information;
- disclose permitted information in its possession to:
- a credit reporting agency;
- another credit provider in accordance with your written authority;
- a prospective guarantor of a proposed commercial credit arrangement to enable that prospective guarantor to determine whether or not to offer the proposed guarantee;
- a guarantor of a commercial credit arrangement as may be requested by the guarantor from time to time or in relation to the enforcement or proposed enforcement of the guarantee;
- a mortgage insurer in connection with the provision or proposed provision of mortgage insurance;
- a person or body generally recognised and accepted in the community as being appointed or established for the purposed of settling any dispute that may arise between the lender and you in connection with a commercial credit arrangement;
- any appropriate State or Territory Minister, Department or authority to assist with the facilitation of a commercial credit arrangement or the management or supervision of schemes or arrangements under which such assistance is given;
- a supplier of goods or services to enable that supplier to determine whether or not accept payment by means of a credit card or electronic funds transfer;
- a person or body considering taking an assignment of or discharging a debt owed to the lender;
- a person or body engaged by the lender to manage an commercial credit arrangement, including the collection of any overdue payments and the collection or recovery of any debts or other amounts payable to the lender under a commercial credit arrangement;
- a corporation, including its professional advisors, in connection with the purchase or assignment of an obligation owed to or security taken by the lender in relation to a commercial credit arrangement;
- another credit provider with security over all or part of the same security as the lender under a commercial credit arrangement and where you are at least 60 days overdue in making a payment under wither the commercial credit arrangement or the other credit provider’s loans to enable the lender and the other credit provider to decide what action to take in relation to the overdue payment;
- to any person where the disclosure is required or authorised by law;
- any person in accordance with your written authority; and
- to any person authorised in writing by you to operate any account with the lender resulting from your application.
Sharing of your personal information
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or customer freight shipping. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. Private Mortgages Australia takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Use of your personal information
For each visitor to reach the site, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are at this Site. From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will use for these new purposes only, data collected from the time of the policy change forward will adhere to our updated practices.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Private Mortgages Australia reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
Call: 1300 856 683
Private Mortgages Australia
Collins Street Tower
Level 3, 480 Collins St
MELBOURNE VIC 3000
E-mail: [email protected]